Have a sweet ride? Tell us all about here!
By gt4tified
Posts Avatar
Double post, so I’ll just substitute with a pic of the bottom half of the engine as it looks atm..clutch, pp and flywheel are bolted up!
Last edited by gt4tified on Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
By gt4tified
Posts Avatar
GT4LIFE wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:03 am

The best way to get the spacing in for the turbine tech brace is put to metal hooks on both control arm mount front bolts. Then you put a come-along between the two hooks. This worked really well for me on my last install.

As for installing the engine piece meal it is just easier to fully assemble the engine and then install it. The hardest thing will be the rear engine mount without a way to rotate it forward and up.

Thanks. I’ll give it a try. So I’m reinstalling the sway bar and for the life of me I couldn’t remember if the shifter rods go above or below the sway bar. Can someone clarify pls? LOL

Here are the pics…car is back down on all 4 wheels! Yay.
Walt liked this
By gt4tified
Posts Avatar
GT4LIFE wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:57 pm

The shifter bars go above.

Super! Thanks! I got a notice from the post office that my parts arrived and ready for collection so I’m happy about that. Tomorrow is another day!
By gt4tified
Posts Avatar
Finally got the car moved into the garage so I can start putting back in the engine. Gearbox and engine are mated. Borrowed a come-along from a friend, and got the TT underbody brace installed this evening.
2365914E-79DE-464C-9E82-51140B728A02.jpeg
2365914E-79DE-464C-9E82-51140B728A02.jpeg (787.5 KiB) Viewed 147 times
27C69259-55DF-4B2F-96DC-6243BA3784B9.jpeg
27C69259-55DF-4B2F-96DC-6243BA3784B9.jpeg (1.51 MiB) Viewed 147 times
Walt liked this
By gt4tified
Posts Avatar
More updates, good news and bad. The bottom end and gearbox are sitting in the engine, secured by the mounts. In trying to get the shifter rods back in, the entire shifter assembly dropped out to the bottom…the rubber bushing that holds the shifter rod was completely broken/torn. So I need a shifter base plate. Sigh.
My focus is on getting the head in, but I have a couple broken 10mm bolts on the firewall that need to be drilled and tapped first. The front bumper support/mounting bracket has rusted away badly. I took it off the bumper, with some difficulty because many of the bolts were rusted through and through. Got a guy who does sheet metal work to take a look and see if he could rebuild the old one, so that’s doing as well. Finally got both seals for the axle carrier, so just need to go to the shop and press them in, with the new bearing.
Walt liked this

FYI, https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/pts/d/bor[…]

Redlinegti?

I saw yesterday that it was down. Hopefully it wi[…]

new job

so, the guy picked up his dirt auger yesterday...a[…]

Casper 2.0

I got underneath with a 14mm ratchet wrench and re[…]