Have a sweet ride? Tell us all about here!
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
I can set the timing anywhere but if I add boost above 8psi it pings like a drunken maraca salesman. Anyone know why?
By GT4LIFE
What is different from the stock setup? Did you shave the block or head? Old fuel pump?
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
Knock sensor is functional, timing has no effect on ping. I can wind it all the way advanced and it will not ping, only when I add boost. I was thinking I might put ice on the Intercooler but i don’t think they want water on the track
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
ImageI’m in the left lane @blinkryba is on the right in a GT powered Firefly
Walt liked this
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
My previous best was [email protected] 86.1mph so I’m off almost a tenth of a second in spite of other mechanical improvements since then. BUT I also had a neighbourhood friendly exhaust system installed that includes a muffler and resonator as opposed to a straight pipe. SO I’m going to remove the exhaust system past the down pipe tomorrow. This will save weight and I’m hoping remove a restriction. We’ll see on Sunday I guess.
Walt liked this
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
I got underneath with a 14mm ratchet wrench and removed the two spring bolts at the down pipe flange then removed the firewall hanger insulator. The pipe landed on the front underbody brace and conveniently slid to one side allowing for unfettered exhaust flow. I think I’ll take the weight penalty and leave the pipe in place to keep things equal to last weekends runs. Besides it’s one piece and a bitch to remove. I also have a set of these on the way.
Walt liked this
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
Walt liked this
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
On your MKI, get set, GO! I believe it ships next week.

I also believe this to be the very last full build G10T to come out of 3Tech.

Thank you Mike Cove. I’m thirty years late to the party and you still entertained me.
Walt, macuserman liked this
new job

oh and a snowblower, that came in tuesday....carb […]

Suzuki Sport Horn Buttons

Is the price still holding at $85 plus shipping?[…]

I just got the right size ends to go from whatever[…]

Good save! Sun roof would be nice.