Have a sweet ride? Tell us all about here!
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
changed a leaking trans-axle seal….they were just replaced when i swapped the trans, maybe just a crappy seal , maybe i nicked it on the axle install, dont know…oh well.

left hand front tire is wearing on the inside edge, but the ball joint and tie rods are good…..hmm
so i flipped the tire on the wheel, and will watch how it wears…
fireflyse liked this
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
changed oil & filter. still has an stumble on accel , esp when you shift gears, if you ease into the throttle its ok, if you punch it it has a dead spot…will do another fuel pressure test.

lots of people looking, taking pictures, and offers to buy it… :-D
Walt liked this
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
changed oil &filter…swapped out the fpr &spring, but it still has a dead spot, almost feels like its worse….will do a proper fuel pressure test, try to pinpoint the issue…
glued the headliner back up…
nothing much else, except for driving it… :-D
Walt liked this
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
installed the air horns yesterday….now i can be seen AND heard :laugh:
fuel pressure test later this morning…
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
tested the fuel system as per the fsm….passed all the fsm tests with flying colors :P so where is the random stutter coming from? :x swapped out the oem dizzy cap and button….there was some carbon tracking between terminals…maybe?? will have to drive it some more and wait for the stutter…it only hiccups once, not like a constant on/ off scenario….and not always at the same rpm, or gear… :mad:
By DTM GTi
Posts Avatar
Just read your entire build thread . Awesome work .
Would be nice to see few pics of finished truck from all angles . Outside and inside .
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
DTM GTi wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:58 pm

Just read your entire build thread . Awesome work .
Would be nice to see few pics of finished truck from all angles . Outside and inside .

thanks!! its been more of a daily driver, than a dump runner…get alot of interest in it, wherever its parked…
i need to add sway bars front and rear….its really skittish , especially on the gravel road..with the weight loss from removing the rear section of roof, and 3 large windows, and hatch itself, i can throw the rear of this '‘truck’' around really easy….wife says it seems to dog-track when following me on the highway….may need a 4 wheel alignment…
still chasing the throttle dead spot… :mad:
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
changed a inside broken hood latch release handle. added ½ a liter of oil….yes, its an oil burner… :laugh:
MKI Turbo Firefly

Seeking a RHB32 turbocharger in working condition.

G13B head gasket

The Suzuki MLS is one of the hardiest head gaske[…]

pontiac truck

changed a inside broken hood latch release handle.[…]

had an odd vibe / noise when on the highway....w[…]