Have a sweet ride? Tell us all about here!
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
My bride has her own ride. Meet Breezy, Oddna’s 1992 Geo Metro LSI convertible. A/C and tach dash 1.0l automatic. Video of the trip will be posted soon.
This car needs some love. No one has given it any love in a long time. Last night I ordered an EBay cloth top and a full set of struts, mounts and boots. Today I’m going to wash it because there is a bunch of adhesive residue remaining from the decals that were on it. The p.o. had new tires, a battery and a muffler installed, but that was the extent of the care it got in their hands. It pulls to the left and vibrates above 90kph.
I’m going to go through it and make a list of all that Breezy needs. The coolant is green(ewww) brake fluid is black, the transaxle fluid brown and the oil is last years at best. The body has battle scars but NO rust. Rockers are minty. I’m going to fill every panel with Rust Check including the control arm mounts.
Breezy will need some top seals that are worn in the usual places. I look forward to fixing all the little things and make it as sweet as it can be for my bride.
blueturbofly, Walt, Car tech liked this
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
Car tech liked this
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
Walt liked this
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
I put in a solid 9 hours of work Breezy today. Brake inspection, caliper service, flush the black brake fluid out, serviced and adjusted the rear shoes, adjusted the parking brake, removed and cleaned the fender liners and splash guards, scrubbed the wheel wells and suspension, removed the front bumper upper and lower covers, used a slide hammer and a hook to pull the center of the bumper bar out, straightened the lower edge of the bumper bar, straightened the right fender liner lower anchor, straightened the left tow hook, cleaned the dirt blocked lower fender drains, straightened the left lower fender, cleaned the intake air silencer, cleaned and painted 3 wheels (one is a random new wheel with an old tire), replaced the broken drivers headlight, polished the left head light, aligned the gas filler door and inspected the steering and suspension.
This was after changing the engine oil and filter, draining and refilling the transaxle, painting the wiper arms then replacing the wiper blades, adjusting the alternator belt and replacing a trunk support last night after work.
After I cleaned up for the day I went to Kevin’s garage and pulled the upper and lower bumper cover off his Firefly. It’s the same colour and style as Breezys but not all beat to crap from collision damage. He’s doing a GTI clone so he didn’t need his. He is one awesome friend.
blueturbofly, Walt liked this
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
Walt, Car tech liked this
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
Walt wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:59 pm

Did you already got this one Paul?

No I need this. Are you selling? Would you have a window protector too?
Knock sensor

USDM market never had them.

Knock Sensor ??

new job

been caught up rather easily every day, for the la[…]

92 Black GT

I put a few hours in to the turbo ram horn manifol[…]