Only got one cam? This is the place for you.
By Cali_gti
Just bought a 92 GT that won’t turn on at all. Nothing comes from the car when the key is turned. We noticed that a connector to the battery has gone missing. Looking to get feedback on whether this could be the issue and if it is, how to fix it. Thanks!
Attachments:
20210504_191904.jpg
20210504_191904.jpg (2.31 MiB) Viewed 1050 times
By macuserman
@Cali_gti I’d start with those terminals for sure, they look awful. Clean those bad boys up, and make sure they have good connection. Trace them to the other end and make sure it’s good and tight there too. You aren’t even getting a click from the solenoid, or dash lights?
By Walt
Posts Donations Avatar
It looks to me.
That the + cable is not connected to the terminals :-o
And like Ivan said.
Claen out the white s… between the battery and the terminals.
That is all extra resistance for the current tom flow ;-)
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
blueturbofly wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:10 pm

buy yourself some car audio battery connectors….platinum or titanium coating, they dont corrode… ;-)

… Or after a thorough cleaning just coat any exposed lead or copper with Vaseline*TM brand night lube. It’ll keep green and white fuzzy growth away and will keep the money in your pocket - no new parts needed.
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
fireflyse wrote:

buy yourself some car audio battery connectors….platinum or titanium coating, they dont corrode… ;-)

… Or after a thorough cleaning just coat any exposed lead or copper with Vaseline*TM brand night lube. It’ll keep green and white fuzzy growth away and will keep the money in your pocket - no new parts needed.

those clamp on battery lugs are ugly and not a permanent fix , in my opinion….even the oem suzuki end are better than those universal lead battery lugs..
and if you search around, car audio lugs arent that much money….the ones pictured , i paid $9 each…gotta love princess auto surplus section !!!
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
blueturbofly wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:20 am
fireflyse wrote:

those clamp on battery lugs are ugly and not a permanent fix , in my opinion….even the oem suzuki end are better than those universal lead battery lugs..
and if you search around, car audio lugs arent that much money….the ones pictured , i paid $9 each…gotta love princess auto surplus section !!!

I replaced my butchered cables with original parts just to get to OEM connectors, but I will also go to Japan for correct bumper cover retainers. This is why Geo people think we’re snooty. Any one on a budget would be able to correct that issue for pennies. Or free.

SKU:AP-HSK-SUZUKI G13 is the ARP head studkit. ord[…]

new job

there is a sign on the wall, as well as printed on[…]

Turbo Exhaust Manifold

One of my goals was to not increase the injector s[…]

My 1992 rebuild album

Wait...are you seeing it? Because it’s not s[…]