By GT4LIFE
Instant_shine wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:07 am

Nice work man! ;-)

Thanks. I really want to see what it will do with a better turbo. I cannot believe that I’m running essentially a $120 brand new turbo with it. I bought a new IHI RHB5 vj11 CHRA from Europe. So far it has worked great, but there is turbo lag that I want to do away with.
By gt4tified
Posts Avatar
Good stuff! Any updates as to the new turbo? Is there any other design option besides a full blown manifold? I’m thinking about building a turbo G13b DOHC engine on the ground just for the heck of it. Not gonna do anything crazy. Looking to run possibly a T25 turbo off a Nissan Silvia/ 180SX. No more than 15psi with good tuning. Any advice will be welcomed.
By GT4LIFE
The wastegate was causing the turbo lag. It is 30 + years old. Most T25 will work comfortably with not much upgrades to the fuel system.
gt4tified liked this
By gt4tified
Posts Avatar
Are you aware of any direct OEM injector upgrades from other applications? I’m not even sure whether the stock GTi injectors are high or low impedance. Sheesh.
By Miniswift
Posts Avatar
Gti OEM Injectors are low impedance and 260cc/min.
You can use either Toyota Supra or mitsubishi Evo 6.
I think they are like 360cc and 480cc something like that and they are low impedance.
gt4tified liked this
By gt4tified
Posts Avatar
Miniswift wrote:

Gti OEM Injectors are low impedance and 260cc/min.
You can use either Toyota Supra or mitsubishi Evo 6.
I think they are like 360cc and 480cc something like that and they are low impedance.

Well if Supra injectors (550 cc) work, then the 5th Gen. Celica injectors (440cc) will as well! And I just happen to have a set of those lying around! Thanks!
By GT4LIFE
One of my goals was to not increase the injector size and reliably tune my GT turbo. All I have is a Walbro 255 fuel pump, turbo chip and with the Vitara Honda piston with lower compression.
I haven’t needed bigger injectors up to probably 200 hp at the wheels. I am going standalone shortly and will get a lot more control before I go up a size of turbo chargers from a 52 mm to a 58 mm with just a slight increase in compressor wheel measurements. I will likely have to increase injector size at that point. The T25 I looked at were all under 52 mm.
Walt, gt4tified liked this
By GT4LIFE
Manifold update:

I had to take apart and have the manifold welded again. I have it all back together with a ⅝″ rise in the t3 flange. This provided all kinds of extra clearances almost everything. The only exceptions were: one of the bolts for the metal heat shield (this just needs to be installed before attaching the whole unit), and underneath the front cross brace ( I rounded the thin metal up as and arc). The oil hoses, lower turbo mount, intercooler hoses all have better clearances.

new job

oh and a snowblower, that came in tuesday....carb […]

Suzuki Sport Horn Buttons

Is the price still holding at $85 plus shipping?[…]

I just got the right size ends to go from whatever[…]

Good save! Sun roof would be nice.