By gt4tified
Posts Avatar
GT4LIFE wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:01 am
gt4tified wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:16 pm
GT4LIFE wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:15 am

I realized that Whitelines catalog is worse then ever. You cannot pull up the front castor kit by make and model anymore. You can do a search for the part number:

KCA302

I remember there being at one point several different kit for the amount of offset in these, but this is the only number I had information on.

https://www.whiteline.com.au/product_de ... ber=KCA302

So I’m installing the above kit and notice that the larger bushings are offset. I’m trying to figure out which is the correct way to install them. The instructions from whiteline are pretty shitty. Also wondering why there aren’t any washers for the inside of that large bushing where it fits against the control arm itself.

The offset goes to the outside. The thicker part of the bushing goes to the inside. The kit should come with the washers as that allows you to change the castor. You can only fit two in front of the bushing if you have a lower cross brace.

Just to clarify the washers go between the control arm front shaft mount and the backside of the bushings. I’m talking about the rod that has two bolts that secures to the frame horn. The washers slide on first before the control with bushing. This will pull the control arm forward. As above I could only fit two washer on each side. The order goes: rod, two washers, bushing inside control arm, turbine tech four point lower brace (it’s about ⅛″ thick), and then lock washer, and then the nut. If you don’t have a brace you might be able to fit four washers.

Excellent! Thanks bud..just the info I was looking for. And yes, good of you to remember that I have the TT underbody brace. Only yesterday I told myself that I need to remember to install it this time around. Hahaha

Will keep updating my build thread as I go along.
new job

oh and a snowblower, that came in tuesday....carb […]

Suzuki Sport Horn Buttons

Is the price still holding at $85 plus shipping?[…]

I just got the right size ends to go from whatever[…]

Good save! Sun roof would be nice.