Place for chatting and discussing anything unrelated to swifts.
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
ha ha found more tools, while cleaning up the kids mess. found all 3 of my long reach needle nose pliers under a pile of scrap on the one bench. plus screwdrivers and other random hand tools.
i guess my boy was too excited to start his new job, that he didnt finish cleaning up. hardly at all. still finding random stuff, that i must have saved at some insane point in my life, to repair- stuff that should have been thrown out. :sick:
fireflyse, Walt liked this
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
replaced a retractable hose reel with another one….the one that was there just randomly stopped locking…and it was only 2ish years old…$70 , 50′ of ⅜ hose….
will CAREFULLY open the old one, to see why it stopped locking. now i have two of them to repair. other than that, not much else. the insulation keeps the shop 1015 cooler than outside, WITHOUT a/c…nice. still thinking of an a/c unit, it would be fairly easy to keep it cool in there. :santas:
Walt liked this
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
mounted a 10 meter ( 33 foot length) retractable extension cord reel , up high on the mezzanine beam, out of the way….can still easily reach it by hand, but out of the way, when retracted. now just to run power to it.
no more searching for, or tripping over extension cords…. ;-)
fireflyse, Walt liked this
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
so i ran power to the reel, mounted a plug-in above it on the wall….wifey comes in and says its ugly, who puts a plug- in 10 feet off the floor, looks dumb…. :-(
so she suggested to run conduit under the edge of the mezzanine floor overhang, it does look nice and hidden,tied the power into existing junction box… ;-)
geez i always wanted more work on my b-day
i had just enough ½ inch conduit standing in the corner for this 15′ run, and enough supplies in my electrical totes to get it done.
that plug-in, way up on the wall, is in the right spot for a big led tv….. ;-)
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
just cleaning up more boxes of stuff and finding more new parts and tools…. :laugh: brand new package of five carbide step bits, more oem shifter bushings and bolts, 4 bags of sway bar end links &bushings, new oem relays, random bolts, bag of oem rear drum castle nuts bag of oem brake hardware….just random stuff i havent seen in years, but i knew i had it somewhere…
plus trying to fix atv’s, but both need parts ordered for them, or i modify the hub on the one so suzuki studs fit- either 10mm x 1.25 or 12mm x 1.25-the atv is oem 10 mm x 1.25 mm, but a very short spline area…alot shorter than suzuki 10 mm studs….and oem style studs online are $pricey$
the other atv is getting a new carb, tried fixing the leak twice, but it is still weeping…carb kit $60, new carb $80…. so yeah, new carb.

tried repairing a 2 stroke demo saw, it farts but wont start, has bad crank bearings and pressure seals…MAYBE needs a piston and jug…so i ordered the bearings locally, easy 6202 c3 bearings, but the crank pressure seals are coming from Italy…. :x oh well, a lot cheaper than getting the seals locally, and most likely quicker…will slap it together with the new parts and see if it runs…if the compression is crappy , i will order a top end kit for it…so far bearings and seals around $40- a top end kit is $190 locally, but doesn’t come with crank bearings or seals…..
buy its easy enough to pull the jug and piston, and doing that wont damage the bearings or seals…
i was given this saw from work- they diagnosed it as '‘non-repairable, no parts available’'

UM, DONT TELL ME YOU CANT FIND PARTS- CUZ I WILL MAKE IT MY MISSION TO FIND PARTS WHEN YOU SAY THAT YOU CANT ;-)
about 2 minutes on e-bay and i found all the engine parts i could want for it….new, the saw is worth $1800+
so if i spend $250 on it, that’s not a bad deal….plus it came with a new 14′' diamond blade for cutting concrete….
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
was going to install a motion sensor from a flood light , hardwire to some led rope light, so that when i drive into the shop when dark, i have some light…..
while at peavey mart, i found a double row 4′ led fixture with built-in motion sensor… ;-) simple plug and play, hung it under the mezzanine facing the bay door area, plugged into the plug-in i recently installed for the cord reel….works excellent!
was $60, i make some random remark to the teller, when she asked if i found what i needed…'‘ not what i needed, but this might work…’'
she knocked $30 off of the price, being that the one on sale in the flyer was sold out….why the hell not…!!
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
found a bit close enough, drilled out the hubs on my yamaha atv, installed…..suzuki 12 mm x 1.25 studs ….i had 8 new ones in a box, now i need to buy more ;-)
and the light works great! shortened up the chains it is hanging from, tied up the core with zip-ties…its at a 45* angle under the mez overhang, fits there well.
Walt liked this
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
bought this to help clean stuff… 2.5 liter capacity ultrasonic cleaner, $98…

get those lifters and rifle parts cleaned up ! and carbs…and tbi’s….and nuts and bolts….whatever can safely fit in there…

was going to buy the cleaning solution today, but my regular cleaning supply store is now closed on saturdays, due to '‘covid’'….i hate the covid excuse that all these places keep throwing around….its been over a year now….figure it out.
Walt liked this

Greetings I just got back on Teamswift or its repl[…]

First Patent!

Cool! Waiting patiently to find out more.

Looking for GT / GTi Transmission

Ivan, notice it has the 5th bell housing bolt ho[…]

GT Car and Parts

Wait just noticed the dash hump through the window[…]