Place for chatting and discussing anything unrelated to swifts.
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
been waiting a month for a camshaft in a briggs engine….engine actually needed a crank and cam, as well as blt tensioner pulleys ( AWD MOWER)

i needed the idler pulleys as well, parts guy wrote them down, but did not order them…. :bored: so now the mower sits for ANOTHER week, if not longer, because the parts guy *forgot * to order parts….
that happens alot. either he orders the wrong parts, or doesnt order them at all, or outright says parts arent available, without looking. he needs to retire…. :-/
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
so, got those belt idlers for that awd push mower Wednesday….had it all put together…runs really good.
new crank, cam, gasket set, air filter, spark plug, oil, carb job and mower blade……
customers bill was almost $800 :-o they didnt blink an eye, were really happy it was fixed….

had to miss half a day of work, the hot water tank stared leaking in my house…so worked until noon on Wednesday, then left work and bought a new hot water tank and some other bits and pieces…..used the pontiac truck to haul the water heater home…
wife and i were too motivated to change the hot water tank, that we didnt take any pictures….. :-(

wow, missing half a day of work has put me behind….at least i feel like i am behind….by a day….. :laugh:
monday i did 7 mowers in 8 hours….not to shabby. then tuesday kicked my ass, only got 3 items done….the one that took up most my time was a generator…would not start / run….carb was green and furry inside, as well as water in the fuel ( full tank of gas…grrr) so let the carb soak while working on other stuff…changed the spark plug, checked the valve lash, changed the oil, washed the air filter…
back to the carb, got that cleaned and installed….but all this generator would do is hardly putter when trying to start, and on the 3rd attempt to start it would back-fire something terrible….. :-o
re-checked the valve lash…swapped out another plug ( only NGK plugs are used at work) removed and re-cleaned / checked carb…checked the low oil shutdown sensor…removed the flywheel and checked keyway…. then for chits and giggles i swapped out the coil….
it fired up , revved up to operating rpm and makes good power…. :-D
Walt liked this
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
did a tune up on a small 2-stroke roto-tiller…. carb kit, new spark plug, clean air filter, clean spark arrestor, de-carbon exhaust port, replace defective kill switch, flush fuel tank…

the guys bill was just under $100….our shop rate is $100/ hr…so, .5 shop time, plus parts….

holy crap he was mad at the bill…said he should have gotten a call and an estimate first…but all it said on the work order was tune up, so thats what i did…
he wouldnt stop complaining….'‘ i can buy a new one for the cost of the tune-up’'….this guy runs a major oil change franchise in the city….he has been a pain to deal with before…the boss gets his oil changes done there, but not anymore. :laugh:
my boss told the guy that he doesnt show up at his work, get stuff done and cry about the bill….
the guy muttered something, put the tiller in the back of his NEW CADILLAC CTS, AND PEELED OUT FROM THE SHOP…..
….some people, complain about a repair, but then get in there $80,000 + dollar car….. :laugh:
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
did a tune up on a 700 +cc lawn tractor, v-twin….but it only 24 hp… :P my 993 triple has 55, 76 if turbo…. :laugh:
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
brand-new RYOBI gas pressure washer came in….customer used it twice…..the second time he used it, it made a rattling noise from the top end and shut off….
check for oil- HARDLY ANY OIL IN THE ENGINE :-o …and what is in there, is jet black…engine is seized solid :laugh:
now to contact the customer, ask him if home depot set it up, or if he did himself….SOMEBODY forgot to add oil….that USUALLY isnt warranty covered damage…
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
troy bilt zero turn mower came in….'‘replace mower blade spindle and check cutting deck for looseness’'
i had to weld heavy washers around the spindle mounting holes-they were all cracked out, badly…then check for deck '‘looseness’'
the mower deck itself had SO MUCH built up hard grass, i had to use a chisel scraper and hammer to get the grass '‘chunks’' out, then pressure wash the remainder out… then it was easily noticeable what the deck problem is….its rusted out at the oem bracket mounting tab welds…so the deck is floppy-
clean out the rust, weld it up solid, for what is left of it….there is one issue, but all the mounting pin holes are oblong- he would have to replace the deck brackets, AND the entire mower deck, to get rid of the slop…but it is better with the deck welded up.

front wheel bearings are…well….gone. all thats left are the inner and outer races, no balls….
needs a starter…it sounded terrible when he dropped it off, but now all it does is spin…the drive is stripped…i tried lubing the drive, then i noticed it is missing 2 teeth on the ring gear… :-o
and it needs a mower deck belt , and one of the 3 blades replaced…

parts man called the owner, the owner said to install the belt as is, and dont worry about the other stuff - he said he is going to trade it in :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

well, this mower is beat. i am amazed at people, they buy something and run it into the ground, and when it comes down to fixing it they complain about the prices and what it needs for repairs….
oh wait that sounds like some suzuki owners :P
Walt liked this
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
blueturbofly wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:55 am

MAKITA IS NO LONGER MAKING ANY GAS POWERED PRODUCTS….BATTERY OR CORDED OPTIONS ONLY. :-o :-o

Drat I just saved up enough for a gas powered car buffer. ;)
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
the fire department has a plethora of makita break-out equipment powered by gas….that there will be no more parts for. dont these companies realize, that by stopping production of certain items in your power tool line-up, is going to hurt a certain customer base, as well as NOT save the environment? battery powered tools, even the drills, waste alot of product when they need to be repaired.
the chinese will still be making parts for gas engines….that will never stop.
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
its been rather busy….the weather is warm, the grass is growing…had to turn customers away last week, just had no more room in the shop for larger stuff (lawntractors)
i have done so many string trimmers…ugh…
and alot of 2 day carb soakings….items coming in that havent run for years :sick: on two of the items, i had to order new carbs….they were too far gone to get clean properly :-o
MKI Turbo Firefly

Seeking a RHB32 turbocharger in working condition.

G13B head gasket

The Suzuki MLS is one of the hardiest head gaske[…]

pontiac truck

changed a inside broken hood latch release handle.[…]

had an odd vibe / noise when on the highway....w[…]