Place for chatting and discussing anything unrelated to swifts.
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
fireflyse wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:23 am
blueturbofly wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:59 am

.. and right now its -27…

You’re not trying hard enough.

yeah, you win….2morrow its calling for -32 or -34….stay inside and keep warm
fireflyse, Walt liked this
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
had a poulan hand-held leaf blower come back, that i had worked on last week….'‘you guys didnt fix it right, it only runs for 10 minutes and dies’'

so i check it out. the gas is brown and very stinky….not the fresh smelling blue two-stroke fuel it left with….hmmm
flush the fuel tank and carb, put our treated premium test fuel in, and…it runs!

put it outside, running at full throttle for half an hour….no issues whatsoever. restarted and ran fine …

customer claims its fresh premium fuel…from COSTCO….theres the problem! costco fuel is garbage!
had the same issue last fall with a customers weed whipper…brown stinky gas, flushed carb and fuel tank, filled with shop gas two stoke mix, ran awesome when it left, he brought it back not running with that damn brown stinky costco gas/oil mix….dumped it out in front of the customer, flushed the tank and carb AGAIN, and guess what ? the whipper fired up on the first pull…. ;-)

there are customers that use old engine oil as 2-stroke mix :-(

oh and poulan products arent very good either….and they are out of business….bought out by Husqvarna ;-)
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
you can tell its cold out, i missed a day of work due to a sick furnace, and only one engine showed up, and some long awaited parts for snowblowers (since dec 8 last year :-o )
did those repairs rather quickly, simple cable / scraper bar installs….
customer brings in 20+ year old chainsaw and weed whipper….gets upset that we cant get parts for them….the companies have been out of business for the last 20 years….and no used parts on the shelf….
an old CAST IRON kohler 16 hp for full tune up….must weigh the same, or more , than a 1.0 longblock :-D
Walt liked this
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
so, the boss bought his son his first vehicle…a 4×4 sonoma pickup….from a repair shop….his kid wanted command start….then louder exhaust…..then a paint job……
no paint job yet, but the auto start and loud exhaust is done….its a crappy sounding v6 vortec

anyways, now that its cold, it doesnt like starting….plugged in it starts, the kid goes to school, fires it up at noon and drives around like kids do, but then 3 hrs later, all crank but no start…

that has happened twice. they dumped alot of gas line anti-freeze in it….um our gas has ethanol in it right from the pump….but then again, how empty did the kid run the gas tank in -35 weather?
they tried boosting it, no fire…they put a new battery in it, still no fire….cranks over, would not even start on ether spray…just a little white out the exhaust pipe.

now, i wasnt there for any of this. NOT MY PIG , NOT MY FARM…. there was alot of head shaking between the parts guy and myself…
boss wanted to take the big charger and try to boost the possible frozen battery….i warned him of the possible outcome of hot boosting/ charging a frozen battery…. :-o he had no clue :x
so he had his kids truck towed to his work, made room in the bay and put it inside to thaw out
block heater works, i checked that….but as for anything else, i told him i dont have the tools or knowledge to work on it :laugh:
I DONT WANT TO WORK ON IT.
it needed oil, so i told them to look for the 710 cap…. ;-) took them almost 5 minutes to find it… :laugh:
oh god the blind leading the blind
he is going to take it to the dealership he bought his new truck from..toyota…then next week to the repair shop he bought it from….
whaaa….???
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
so, bosses kids truck….needs a fuel pump, spark plugs, tires, wheel alignment, brake fluid flush….. :laughing: so much for a $2300 truck, bought from a '‘mechanic’'….. :laughing:
he already dumped $1000 into it….now another $2000 ? what a sucker
the toyota dealership had to take the truck to a lube place to pump out the fuel tank…..?????huh????? the old pump still works, use that to pump it out….
had to listen to his kid , he kept asking daddy when it would be done…..his daddy called the dealership 4 times on friday….i would hate to have him as a customer :x
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
the bill for his kids truck was $3300 +
new fuel pump, power steering pump, spark plugs, tires, tie-rods, wheel align & brake flush….
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
i was so bored at work (its really slow right now) that i emptied, cleaned , re-labeled the parts bins, and sorted misc stuff into them….found some parts i was looking for, found alot of broken parts as well- stuff that cant be fixed…. 4 separate bins of springs, separate bins for carb parts , separate bins for flanges , etc etc etc…..

the nuts and bolts WERE sorted at one time, but the previous guy working there dumped them all into the same big tote, then filled the bins :-o
what a dumbass
now thats going to be a big job….
all this sorting, and now i have empty bins to re-fill properly!!

then some stuff came in…gas winch, carb was seized up solid, owner claimed it was the throttle linkage, messed with the governor, etc etc etc
hand-held leaf blower, spark arrestor plugged solid, got that fixed, had a hell of a time tuning the carb, then owner tells me his dad '‘tried’' tuning it
suitcase generator, had to strip ALL the plastic off of it, and remove fuel tank, to get carb off…owner was mad that it '‘took that long’' to fix….1.5 hours, from start to finish …..some people have NO CLUE what it takes to get the carb out….
and then '‘over the phone ’' diagnostics…. that cant be done. bring it in so i can see it or work on it…. :bored:
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
cleaned out & re-labeled more of the parts bins…boss brought in his ice drill…..one lawnmower came in just after lunch…
then boss told me to go home at 3, clock till 5….yes sir!! :laugh:
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
:bored: the bosses kid didnt know how to use a mop, let alone sweep up properly….and '‘why mop the front shop’'

um cuz its dirty from this thing called spring weather , and customers coming in and out…what a uneducated little dumbass…

will be interesting to see how good of a job he did, daddy was in charge, i left early for the day…but paid till 5….
he did have the proper mop and bucket in his hands, but daddy had him use the mop and bucket thats for the bathroom…..
couldn’t figure out how to fill the bucket, from the large wash sink '‘ how does this fit in here’‘ um use the smaller bucket, use it to fill the larger bucket with hot water, add the soap LAST so it doesnt foam up everywhere ’‘why does it do that’‘ i didnt go into details so all i said , with one finger pointing up, was ’‘SCIENCE’' really loud… :laugh: and walked away….
oh good this next generation is ….in trouble….
By top [email protected]
blueturbofly wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:41 am

:bored: the bosses kid didnt know how to use a mop, let alone sweep up properly….and '‘why mop the front shop’'

um cuz its dirty from this thing called spring weather , and customers coming in and out…what a uneducated little dumbass…

will be interesting to see how good of a job he did, daddy was in charge, i left early for the day…but paid till 5….
he did have the proper mop and bucket in his hands, but daddy had him use the mop and bucket thats for the bathroom…..
couldn’t figure out how to fill the bucket, from the large wash sink '‘ how does this fit in here’‘ um use the smaller bucket, use it to fill the larger bucket with hot water, add the soap LAST so it doesnt foam up everywhere ’‘why does it do that’‘ i didnt go into details so all i said , with one finger pointing up, was ’‘SCIENCE’' really loud… :laugh: and walked away….
oh good this next generation is ….in trouble….

:-o :-o :x :-(

First time I've seen Rays Gram Lights in that patt[…]

SKU:AP-HSK-SUZUKI G13 is the ARP head studkit. ord[…]

new job

there is a sign on the wall, as well as printed on[…]

Turbo Exhaust Manifold

One of my goals was to not increase the injector s[…]