Discussion on anything swift related. Got a new whip? Spotted a swift somewhere? Just want to shoot the breeze about your cars?
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
Rageous wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:17 pm

Hmm that’s an odd one.

Spent 6 hours today removing exhaust manifold, turbo, down pipe. Had to work those nuts ever so carefully,

Had a few studs work loose.
Got a new felpro exhaust gasket.

Have to wait till tomorrow to get some high heat thread locker. Never dealt with studs unthreading before, hopefully can double nut the stud to install it again.

Have the manifold machined in the gasket area
By gt4tified
Posts Avatar
Not one f*#k because I can’t seem to find a 12mm depth socket to fit my head to remove the ARP headstuds that went in there six years ago. Since I can’t find it, I’m almost sure it’s at my ex-gf’s place where I left $500 worth of tools that she never returned when we broke up 3 years ago. Side note…do you guys remember what model and/or year BMW those ARP headstuds that work on the G13b DOHC are from? Need to purchase another set in the future for another engine I’m building.
By GT4LIFE
Posts Avatar
That is the one I bought. I ended up buying another container of the ARP thread lube since there wasn’t quite enough in the little package. It went up $20 since I bought it two or three years ago.
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
changed oil & filter in 2x metros. installed summer tires on one of them. vacuumed them out. my auto tragic might need a tcm ( where can i find one of those haha :laughing: ) go dig thru some boxes i guess…
Knock sensor

USDM market never had them.

Knock Sensor ??

new job

been caught up rather easily every day, for the la[…]

92 Black GT

I put a few hours in to the turbo ram horn manifol[…]