By kranky99
Posts Avatar
I've tried searching on the new GMF and it kinda sucks, but I have looked off n on over the months as my interest tells me to. However, I've never found the answer! I've come across some lifted Mk5's for sale from time to time but the owners never know how the lift was done.

What vehicle do I need to pilfer springs from to get a road worthy lift on a mk4/5 hatch? Not looking for anything extreme but more clearance down logging roads would be so much nicer. I know it'll affect caster but I'd rather give it a try anyways, I don't think it'll end up high enough to start breaking CV's routinely, er, hopefully :)
By macuserman
I believe that ford ranger springs were used in some mods I have seen in the past. I know we did that to a 91 Geo I had although we cut them to be stock height but just much stiffer. It was a very very rough ride though without a lot of weight in it. My uncle used it as a truck essentially though so that was the intention to make it handle more weight without sagging to the ground.
By t3ragtop
Posts Custom Custom Avatar
At issue is the very simple suspension the Metro/ Swift cars have. There's a very sharp limit to how high you can lift the cars.

It doesn't affect caster, it changes the camber because the a arms pivot. As you try to raise the suspension the wheels fold under giving you this - \----/

You can't find drop link knuckles for these cars and they really don't lend themselves easily to lifting. ;)
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
byronGakly wrote:looking 4 a drivers side fender for a 96-98 civic hatch....anyone got one laying around they want to sell?
thanks
:lol: :lol: wrong forum if your looking for - meh- civic parts
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
byronGakly wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 2:32 am looking 4 a drivers side fender for a 96-98 civic hatch....anyone got one laying around they want to sell?
thanks
Ewwwwwww.
MKI Turbo Firefly

Seeking a RHB32 turbocharger in working condition.

G13B head gasket

The Suzuki MLS is one of the hardiest head gaske[…]

pontiac truck

changed a inside broken hood latch release handle.[…]

had an odd vibe / noise when on the highway....w[…]