Have a sweet ride? Tell us all about here!
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
Breezy failed today. I had to put a headlight bulb (rookie mistake) right axle seal (provincial inspection says transmission is not inspected) and a stud and nut(they hit the stud with a hammer, it wasn’t fucked last weekend and they kept the nut) and they claim where the threads popped on the sides of the plastic window to the top is an issue with windshield and glass. I have a top coming but I’m going to argue the top. I already fixed the other things after work and before supper tonight.
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
fireflyse wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:28 pm

Breezy failed inspection today. I had to put a headlight bulb (rookie mistake) right axle seal (provincial inspection says transmission is not inspected) and a stud and nut(they hit the stud with a hammer, it wasn’t fucked last weekend and they kept the nut) and they claim where the threads popped on the sides of the plastic window to the top is an issue with windshield and glass. I have a top coming but I’m going to argue the top. I already fixed the other things after work and before supper tonight.

By top [email protected]
Walt wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:47 am

I have sent you a pb ;-)

I’m sending him a pb and j :-)
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
fireflyse wrote:

Breezy failed today. I had to put a headlight bulb (rookie mistake) right axle seal (provincial inspection says transmission is not inspected) and a stud and nut(they hit the stud with a hammer, it wasn’t fucked last weekend and they kept the nut) and they claim where the threads popped on the sides of the plastic window to the top is an issue with windshield and glass. I have a top coming but I’m going to argue the top. I already fixed the other things after work and before supper tonight.

thats frustrating…and i bet you know of newer vehicles in way worse shape on the roads….but the '‘technician’‘ doing the inspection knows best ? by going by the ’‘book’' but the guidelines around inspections and the wording can be taken different ways and have so many grey areas, and it also depends if the guy inspecting it was having a bad day, or just didnt like your econo car….

at least they are simple fixes. hot glue the threads down on the top for now….

;-) thats why i safety my own stuff. no law against that. ;-)

like the guy said when i received my red seals certs…..'‘ i dont care how the engine runs, or how the transmission shifts….without brakes, you have nothing’'- once you know the brakes work, then you can proceed with the other stuff. ;-) he was an old school mechanic turned teacher….sadly, some of his knowledge has gone extinct with the advancement of technology….
but brakes are brakes

should have asked the shop to run diagnostics on it, paul… :laugh:
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
By Rageous
Posts Avatar
Breezy is not my type but I certainly can appreciate her. She’s very youth-full looking for her age. I bet she can teach the new verts of today a thing or two. :laugh:

what’s next for breezy?
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
Rageous wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:56 pm

Breezy is not my type but I certainly can appreciate her. She’s very youth-full looking for her age. I bet she can teach the new verts of today a thing or two. :laugh:

what’s next for breezy?

Yes a lucky find for a good price. I do have an entire turbo driveline at hand, but for now I have a set of O.E. 92 Metro wheel covers coming from the USA. A drivers door handle is on the way from Ebay and then I will open up the door and find out why I can’t lock it from inside. I see replacement carpet is available and I’d like to add rear speakers. maybe a trip to the dent doctor to have some of the battle scars removed.
The engine and tranny work perfectly as is.
Walt liked this
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
This will probably go in Breezy so I’m posting this here too.
gt4tified, Walt, Rageous liked this
Knock sensor

USDM market never had them.

Knock Sensor ??

new job

been caught up rather easily every day, for the la[…]

92 Black GT

I put a few hours in to the turbo ram horn manifol[…]