Discussion on anything swift related. Got a new whip? Spotted a swift somewhere? Just want to shoot the breeze about your cars?
Managed to finally put some switches on the GTi turbo steeringwheel.

One will be to activate the water / meth system and the other to switch between low and high boost.

Also managed to change the stock gauge to Birba white gauges.
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
the other week-end, brought home some suzuki parts, from ’87 up to 2000….

just helping an elderly fellow clean out some of his parts from his shed, to store out at my place and / or use myself….he is 83 years old and doesnt have the energy he used to have to tinker on these cars….
he does have a nice yellow twincam swapped ’vert….but that is being given to his grand-daughter….
i hope she looks after it, and just doesnt abandon it when something simple breaks….
fireflyse, Walt liked this
By fireflyse
Custom Custom Avatar
blueturbofly wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:54 am

the other week-end, brought home some Suzuki parts, from ’87 up to 2000….

just helping an elderly fellow clean out some of his parts from his shed, to store out at my place and / or use myself….he is 83 years old and doesn’t have the energy he used to have to tinker on these cars….
he does have a nice yellow twin cam swapped ’vert….but that is being given to his grand-daughter….
i hope she looks after it, and just doesn’t abandon it when something simple breaks….

Score one for team BTF. Leave a note in the verts glovebox. Tell her you are the only person that can keep it running as good as her grandfather. What 87 parts did you get?
Walt liked this
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
i think the older parts are mostly distributors in a 5 gallon pail….lots of random 95 + parts that i myself dont have a real use for, but will store them for this guy anyways……
airbags, steering columns, a few wiring harnesses for newer airbag cars, random ecms / pcms, axles, a complete 1.0 engine with a supposedly rebuilt head, complete transmission, rads and rad fans….and some gti parts ;-) but no rear discs or calipers….

he still has more to pick up, he will go thru his parts shed and box up whatever is suzuki related, that he doesnt need for his vert or 2000 3/⅗
Walt liked this
By blueturbofly
Donations Avatar
changed oil &filter. swapped out a fpr &spring, the car had an off-idle stumble/ bog…replaced a bad dash speaker….changed the '‘clocking’' of the window crank arms- that way they arent in the way of your knees while driving….
MKI Turbo Firefly

Seeking a RHB32 turbocharger in working condition.

G13B head gasket

The Suzuki MLS is one of the hardiest head gaske[…]

pontiac truck

changed a inside broken hood latch release handle.[…]

had an odd vibe / noise when on the highway....w[…]